R0011143 Sr. Estimator (Open)
What You’ll Do
We trust that as a Senior Estimator you will:
- Create and manage material takeoffs for all floorplans, structural and finish options.
- Enter takeoffs into purchasing system (NewStar Enterprise).
- Assist with budgeting new floorplans, options, and new community start-ups.
- Assist the VP of Purchasing with special projects.
- Write estimating standards that clearly define take off methodology.
- Write material usage instructions for field staff to properly use material on the job site.
- Perform onsite detailed material validations.
- Train construction teams and trade partners correct material usage and gain buy-in.
- Work closely with architecture team as part of the construction document quality control process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have
- 4-year degree (preferred) with a major in Construction Management or Finance.
- 5+ years estimating, or relevant experience.
- Estimating experience with estimating software in the homebuilding industry with a homebuilder or a trade/supplier.
- Ability to estimate from scratch: earth work, concrete, block - precast - steel, lumber, siding, stucco, insulation, drywall, shingle roofing, tile roofing, millwork, and flooring.
- Experience estimating single family homes to include: one, two and three story, town home, and condo.
- Ability to create conceptual estimates from preliminary concepts.
- Plan Swift experience (a plus).
- Strong math skills.
- The ability to train other estimators and field staff and material usage and quantity take off practices.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to read detailed construction documents.
- Local experience.
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a hectic environment.
- A positive attitude and a drive to win.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Ability to make field visits to all divisions in the state
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Taylor Morrison is an equal opportunity employer. Taylor Morrison does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion or veteran status.