R0011242 Estimating Coordinator (Open)
We trust that as an Estimating Coordinator you will: (responsibilities)
- Create and manage material takeoffs for all floorplans.
- Submit PlanSwift takeoff reports to the Purchasing system team for upload. (NewStar Enterprise)
- Assist with new community start-ups.
- Produce and maintain accurate option catalog for all plans built by Taylor Morrison
- Maintain plans in Buzzsaw controlling the release of new plans and updated plans to our vendors, builders and sales
- Schedule and facilitate plan review sessions with builder, vendors and purchasing. Follow up ownership for architecture updates resulting from the review sessions
- Participate in prototype walks on all frames of new plans built. Report any corrections to purchasing through the plan revision process.
- Conduct prototype walks on all frames of new plans built. Report any corrections to purchasing through plan revision process
- Participate in field inspections to ensure accurate execution of current plans and materials
- Ensure builders utilize plan revision process; track and facilitate any request through to implementation
- Provide support to builders in field through field inspections and takeoff research.
- Track and facilitate any plan change requests.
- Research new products and assist Purchasing Manager in determining products to be used; research products as needed and prepare cost comparisons of proposed products
- Interface with IT department on special projects relating to bidding and cost maintenance projects
- Architectural Services: Identify and communicate any issues with plans and layouts to Purchasing and Construction Managers and Purchasing Field Analysts
- Assist with pricing and execution of Custom Options
- Assist the VP of Purchasing with special projects.
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned.
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Critical/Analytical Thinking
- Customer Service Oriented
- Highly Motivated
- Positive Attitude
- Quick Learner
- Independent Worker
- Ethics & Integrity
- College Degree (Bachelors) - Prefer Construction Science, Finance, Construction Managment, Architecture or Engineering
- Experience in On Screen Takeoff Software, AutoCAD, NewStar Enterprise Timberline, Microsoft Outlook, and Excel preferred.
- Experience in Estimating or Construction, either with a homebuilder or a Trade/Supplier is preferred.
- 1-3 years estimating or relevant construction experience preferred.
- Strong math skills needed.
- Residential Construction or Design experience preferred.
- Understanding of estimating process, home design, architecture, pricing, building cost and takeoff procedures
- Effective communication skills
- Goal oriented with ability to demonstrate positive results
- Proficiency in Excel required.
- Ability to read floorplans is required.
- Local candidates with familiarity with the geographical area are preferred.
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a hectic environment is required.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.