R0011290 Estimator (Open)
We trust that as an Estimator you will: (responsibilities)
- Create and manage material takeoffs for all floorplans
- Enter takeoffs and bids into Purchasing system (NewStar Enterprise)
- Assist with pricing and execution of Custom Options
- Assist with budgeting new floorplans and new community start-ups
- Assist the VP of Purchasing with special projects
- Write estimating standards to articulate the use of material takeoffs
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Independent Worker
- Ethics & Integrity
- Detail Oriented
- Experience in Estimating with estimating software in the homebuilding industry is, either with a homebuilder or a Trade/Supplier is preferred
- Experience in On Screen, Takeoff Software, AutoCAD, NewStar Enterprise Timberline and Microsoft Outlook preferred.
- 1-3 years estimating or relevant experience needed
- Strong math skills needed
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Ability to read floorplans is required
- Local candidates with familiarity to the geographical area are preferred
- 4 year degree is preferred, major in Construction Management or Finance is preferred
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a hectic environment is required
- A positive attitude is a MUST
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.