R0011348 Community Starts Administrator (Open)
What You’ll Do
We trust that as a Community Starts Administrator you will:
- Process all contracted sale and spec starts against Option Addendum (OA) and place orders for Plot Plans, Engineering, and all supporting documents for job
- Assist in managing division cadence by scheduling all start dates to meet monthly goals while keeping in mind starts per week, builder capacity, community requirements, plan complexity, etc
- Accurately mark all regional plans accordingly per job’s OA, ensuring all documents match up and job options are highlighted which will be provided to the superintendent for final construction
- Build relationships with different municipalities on behalf of Taylor Morrison
- Maintain and manage contractor registration for each municipality
- Follow municipality guidelines for permit submittal including acquiring all necessary documents and marking up plans with required stamps, slip-sheets, and verbiage needed per city’s current code; filling out applications and forms with contractor license information and specific calculations for lot and building square footages; provide payment for permit review if required; and submitting permit package via online portal, CD, or mail
- Order checks and pay all fees including impacts, permits, water meter, and red tags
- Assist builders with miscellaneous issues such as inspection fees or holds
- Build and Maintain Relationships with all Architectural Control Committees (ACCs)
- Have a thorough understanding of each community’s design requirements including repetition rules, material restrictions, landscaping, and other HOA rules in which we must comply for approval
- Maintain all ACC applications required for each address in ACC managed community
- Maintain reports to include permit tracking log, sold not started, inventory management, lot options, options per lot, and other various permitting spreadsheets
- Upload and maintain all Marked Plan sets as well as supporting documents in Build Pro for Vendors and Superintendents
- Structure starts all jobs in Build Pro
- Maintain Pre-Start and necessary Pre-Order process in Build Pro
- Follow up with Vendors/Sales/Construction/Design/Purchasing regarding job status to achieve Division STS Goals.
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need:
- Build Pro Proficiency
- Customer Focus
- Independent/Creative Thinking
- Problem Solving
Sound Like You?
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 4 years minimum experience permitting with a large production homebuilder (preferred). In lieu of homebuilder experience, minimum 5 years Administrative Assistant experience will be considered.
- Strong sense of urgency
- Must have ability to multitask with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Must have excellent overall computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Corporate Office daily and adhere to schedule.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device.
- Ability to work remote with little to no supervision
- Ability to engage in face-to-face conversations with visitors, co-workers, and higher-level managers.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.