R0011362 Underwriter III (Open)
We trust that as an Underwriter III you will: (responsibilities)
- Responsible for determining and issuing the credit decision of FHA, VA and conventional, conforming including high balance and super conforming mortgage loan applications for conventional loans, and FHA and VA loan limits as published) according to agency and lender guidelines
- Assess the borrower(s) ability to repay, including validation of the borrower(s) employment, income, credit, assets and collateral as well as clearing any applicable underwriting conditions
- Complete reviews of loans that will be underwritten as a prior-approved loans with the company’s investors and providing feedback to Client Coordinators and Loan Consultants
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all agency and investor underwriting guidelines and credit overlays
- Provides high quality customer service, including underwriting to the companies service level expectations
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Customer Focused
- High Energy Level
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 10 years’ of experience in the mortgage/finance industry, and 5-7 years’ underwriting experience
- Must hold a FHA Direct Endorsement Certification and VA SAR and have a thorough and comprehensive understanding of all FHA, VA, FNMA and FHLMC underwriting guidelines and investor overlays
- Possesses comprehensive working knowledge of subject matter
- Automated underwriting software required
- Must be highly proficient in reviewing and analyzing all levels of individual and business income tax returns
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.